Grange over sands
Grange over sands is situated on the southern tip of the Lake District, an Edwardian town with a superb overlook to Morecambe Bay. Grange is a microclimate, enjoying much sunnier & warmer weather than the central Lake District, one of the few southern facing aspects outside the South coast.
Grange has a mile long promenade facing Morecambe Bay, with an ornamental garden close by the station. The town is an Edwardian jewel, with its own shops, Butchers, Bakers, a Greengrocer and a chocolatier.
Where to stay
Hotels: Netherwood Hotel, Grange Hotel, Claire House, Hampsfell House & Cumbria Grand Hotel. Outside Grange, Cartmel boasts several Hotels and B&B’s.
B&B’s: There are a variety of B&Bs located in and around Grange.
There are a number of local campsites in the area, some which open specifically over the Summer.
- Grange boasts its own railway station, within a short walk of the venue.
- Close to the M6 Motorway as well as Lake District favourites such as Windermere, Kendal and Ambleside.
- Easy access from the Yorkshire Dales on a variety of routes.
Other attractions close by
- Cartmel and its Racecourse & Priory.
- Holker Hall & Gardens
- Lakeland Motor Museum
- Grange Promenade & Ornamental Garden
“A great event in a lovely location”