Back in the day, we realised that our event had covered it’s costs and made a small surplus. Over a few years this grew and gave us the confidence that we could cover a poor year, or washout caused by our unpredictable weather.
Since the late 1990’s we have been making donations to worthy causes now totalling more that £10,000.
The principal beneficiaries have been:
- Cartmel Scout Group
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Services
- Lancashire Air Ambulance Services
- Bay Rescue
- Christies Hospital
- Mana House (Kendal housing charity)
- Sandgate Hydrotherapy Pool (Kendal)
- The Calvert Trust (Keswick disabled activity centre)
- Bendrigg Trust (Old Hutton disabled activity centre)
Our event as well as being a great day out for visitors is about local causes. Each year we raise money towards a given charity.
It’s a great day so please come along and support our event.